[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "RP Smith" <rpsmith at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Odd Behavior: Or how to check your memory
 Date:  Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:50:13 -0500
-------------------------------
Hi Lee,

I think you are saying,  most of the total lockup's are hardware related,
and not related to monowall itself.
Well, that's exactly my experience  too.  I had lockup's before when using
the onboard intel nic on my compac SFF EN series.
I started to use Realtek's in every box and I didn't have any lockup's
anymore, not a single one!
Few weeks ago, I  needed a box and had only one realtek left. I decided to
try using the onboard intel nic again for the WAN interface.
Two days later that box locked up :-)  I put a realtek in that box and
stopped using the onboard nic.
Uptime 13 days now, no more lockup's just like my other realtek based
systems.

So I'm pretty sure your statement is true ;-)

Sincerely,
Y.

I'm running a dozen m0n0wall SFF ENs and they are all using the onboard
intel NIC and have never had a lockup.

BTW, I have a small  DOS exeacutable program that modifies the EN's CMOS so
it will boot without a keyboard.  if anyone is interested I'll e-mail it to
them.

Roy...

Get today's hot entertainment gossip
http://movies.msn.com/movies/hotgossip?icid=T002MSN03A07001