[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Jorge Ramos <jramosm at gmail dot com>
 To:  Ron Rosson <oneinsanedotnet at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Syslog setup
 Date:  Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:55:57 -0500

Ron Rosson escribió:
> I am looking for a syslog setup for m0n0wall to log to on a FreeBSD
> server where the mesages for monowall have thier own log files and where
> the firewall logs have there own as well. I would also like to be able
> to get information from the firewall logs as well.
> Has any one been able to accomplish and can provide some pointers.
> howtos, etc
> -Ron
> --
> Ron Rosson
> oneinsanedotnet at gmail dot com
> http://www.oneinsane.net
I assume that you have installed and run the daemon syslog-ng on your
FreeBSD and you have configurate the syslog client in you monowall
(Diagnostics --> Logs --> Settings) with your "Remote syslog server" IP
and the parameters that you want log.

This are my configuration in a linux box:

source src {
# This open port for listen anybody, you have to sure that the firewall
# don't block this port (514 UDP)
        udp(ip("") port(514));

# the IP "" is from monowall box
filter f_monowall_laguito   { host(""); };
# I have a file that receive all messages that came of
# monowall (/var/log/monowall)
destination monowall   { file("/var/log/monowall"
        owner(root) group(root)); };
log { source(src); filter(f_monowall_laguito); destination(monowall); };

- ----
Jorge Ramos
SuSE, Debian GNU/Linux - FreeBSD
Support & Consultor