[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phil <xphilz at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Unable To Determine Why Outbound SMTP Does Not Work
 Date:  Mon, 23 Oct 2006 08:41:34 +1000
Hi,

I am not sure if this helps, but I had a similar problem with the latest
build of m0n0wall.

Basically I lost access to an external mail server on port 25 (not blocked
by the ISP) and the only way I could fix it was to rebuild my m0n0wall and
then everything returned to normal.

It was bizarre as I never put any rules in my m0n0wall to block SMTP, I only
ever put in a rule to allow it to my DMZ.

I still have no idea why m0n0wall dropped this nor could I find anything in
any log saying it was blocked.

Rgds,
Phil.