[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Hoy Poy <chrishp at dugeo dot com>
 To:  Mark Ryan <markryan at cfl dot rr dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] can i adadpt my linux traffic shaping rules to monowall?
 Date:  Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:16:25 +0800
theres actually considerably more documentation "online" inside monowall ;)
especially for the traffic shaper :) More then enough to understand how it
works, and the shaper wizard is pretty good for an initial starting point
(its prolly easier not to include the peer-to-peer tweaks, as these make the
initial list huge, and I found it difficult to interpret what was going on
with those rules there.. not that they are bad rules, just that there are
heaps of them and if you are trying to learn, best not to include etc).

The traffic shaper in m0n0wall is pretty good I think - it'll do the same
capping as your rules.. if FTP is set to have a guarantee or 5% (or even 1%)
it'll still take up the full 100% if thats available. Any other traffic can
take away etc.. so yeah, it does what I think you're concerned about..

//chris

--
Chris Hoy Poy
System Administrator