[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  RP Smith <rpsmith at hotmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] 1.23+ estimated release?
 Date:  Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:07:41 +0200
On 17.10.06 22:31 -0500, RP Smith wrote:

> I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting for the next release.  It
> appears to me that the m0n0wall ship is slowly sinking and the
> Captain is no where to be found.  Don't get me wrong, I love
> m0n0wall but it seems to be in limbo right now.

If you read the one and only entry in the "news" section on
m0n0.ch/wall, you'd know that the $2000 offer for a 6.1 port still
stands, and will end on October 31. Obviously I'm not going to interfere
before that date.

Suffice it to say that I'm going to write my term paper (starting next
week) about a new concept for m0n0wall, because I'm not convinced that
the current architecture (all PHP-based, GUI-driven, monolithic, ...) is
the right way to go for m0n0wall in the future. Don't get me wrong - it
has all grown organically and it has served its purpose well, but I feel
that it's time to move on.

- Manuel