[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Ryan <markryan at cfl dot rr dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  traffic shaper borrowing
 Date:  Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:44:18 -0400
I've been evaluating whether the m0n0wall traffic shaper will work for
me and I have to say wow!  It seems very nice.

I do have 1 question:

Does the traffic shaper use borrowing?  Such as if i have 2 upload ques,
ftp assigned to low priority que and everything else assigned to high
prio que.  Will the ftp consume the maximum available pipe speed until
something in the high prio ques needs it, then i would assume the ftp
traffic would slow down until the bw is available again?

Sorry for the cryptic question there.

Mark