[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Hoy Poy <chrishp at dugeo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  drovalev at kaluga dash gov dot ru
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to make DNS the server for DHCP in a local area network?
 Date:  Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:44:37 +0800
go that lack of detail.

in System -> General Setup, you have the place to flag DNS servers. You can
also stick a tick in the "DNS forwarder" option (under services). If in
doubt, post whats set in those screens (General Setup and DNS forwarder)

Are you sure its not handing out the DNS address? are your clients definitely
set up to use the DNS from DHCP?  How are you checking. Please post some
decent answers here, or we really cant help.

Its also likely that a firewall is kicking in, so check your logs, make sure
your rules are logging etc.

With an email like this, we're probably more in the dark then you are... ;)

//chris

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 14:31, drovalev at kaluga dash gov dot ru wrote:
> HELP!!!!
>
> Urgently it is necessary!!!
>
> Does not give out DNS the server in a local area network - COMPUTERS DOES
> NOT WORK!!!
>
> DNS - 192.168.8.1
>
> Local net - 172.20.20.0/24
> Monowall - 172.20.20.1/24