[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phil <xphilz at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Joe Lagreca" <lagreca at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Vadim Pushkin" <wiskbroom at hotmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Unable To Determine Why Outbound SMTP Does Not Work
 Date:  Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:42:44 +1000
I had no other products running that blocked SMTP.

Was definately a fw issue as it worked perfectly on the same laptop outside
my network elsewhere.

I spent ages doing traces, logging and even had the ISP involved. Everything
pointed to my fw. As mentioned however, the m0n0 showed absolutely nothing
in the logs as being blocked nor did it have any rules that could possibly
block this traffic.