[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] monowall locking up
 Date:  Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:32:47 -0600
>> I'm still learning about Monowall, but I thought I'd say that my v 1.22
>> Monowall on a WRAP board hasn't needed any rebooting at all.  I have been
>> working and learning about it over about the past 4 months.  It just runs
>> and runs.  Maybe I'm lucky.   I have an OPT1 port and a LAN port.
>
>> Although I am a little worried to see that others have the lock up
>> problems.
>
> While you hear about ALL of the lockup problems here, you do not hear from
> the thousands that run just fine.  I have over 30, and I have not seen the
> problem either.  It is a real problem, but it seems to be quite rare.

I hate being rare.  haha  Lee is right, although I have one system that
locks up I have 4 others that run flawlessly.  My one "system" that does
lock up, has been thoroughly tested and replaced many times - it seems to be
the location and perhaps some rogue data from our Internet connection that
causes the issue.

Aaron