[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "List Receiver" <listreceiver at mastermindpro dot com>
 To:  "Scott Myers" <scott at paperstreettech dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Slow/Buggy OPT1 Wireless InterfaceHmm.. First confusion, then frustration... now what?
 Date:  Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:20:07 -0700

I've seen this too with pfSense.  In pfSense, this was slightly
alleviated by forcing the use of one of the antenna connectors on the
card.  The symptom prior to doing this was a lot of in/out errors on the
interface, which you don't have.  Even with the antenna assigned
correctly, all streamed data comes in "spurts" rather than in a
consistent stream.  I don't know if any of the m0n0 or pfSense devs are
championing this cause yet.  I think their recommendation has always
been to use an external wireless device.  Lame excuse, but probably
necessary.