[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Haywood, Tim John" <Tim dot Haywood at gb dot unisys dot com>
 To:  "C. Andrew Zook" <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Auto Launch A Browser
 Date:  Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:55:03 +0100
We are running 802.1x port auth, there are two type of users, guests and
employees, both can fail to authenticate, employess, because they fail
to pass the host checker, and guests gain access to the Internet only
VLAN.

They are both redirected to a web page that offers a guest access to the
Internet or an employee will be directed to the Get Well server, the
user can pick the latest required s/w to get them back up to the
standard.

What I am looking for is method similar to those used by some hotels I
have stayed in, where you are given a login at reception, when you
connect to the hotel network, it automatically fires up IE and present
the login page.

Regards