[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Scott Myers <scott at paperstreettech dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Slow/Buggy OPT1 Wireless InterfaceHmm.. First confusion, then frustration... now what?
 Date:  Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:34:42 -0400
True, but this Soekris board h (4511) as two eth ports and one minipci
and one pcmcia... if there is a known pcmcia ethernet card that works
with m0n0wall, then I could safely attach an AP to that interface and
adjust my rules accordingly...  any ideas on what card would work well?
What drivers for pcmcia ethernet cards does m0n0wall support?

I understand host ap is junk, but I'd like to think it'd have enough
thought put into it to allow a card to simply act as an access point,
with few clients. I am not trying to do anything special here. I can't
imagine this network having more than 2 or 3 rouge wireless users at a
time.  Guess the whole wireless thing should just be removed from
m0n0wall, as "partially works, sometimes, with certain cards, at certain
times of day" makes it pretty damn hard for someone using the project to
ever have a chance to use it properly.  (Just my .02 + tax)