[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert Rich <rrich at gstisecurity dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 <-> m0n0 IPSec VPN stability
 Date:  Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:05:41 -0400
Thanks for the responses folks!  Andy, I ran into the same problem a
while back (re. local subnet) and now have the same configuration (more
or less) as you.

I just upgraded to 1.22 on both ends.  It took about 10 minutes for them
to sort things out, but the tunnels are back up.  We'll see if i get any
better luck this time.

If i implement something to detect the dead tunnel, is there a way for
me to clear/reinstate it by poking something at m0n0?  If i bring the P2
lifetime down (say 8 hours), what would the effect be?  Would it
continue to reestablish the tunnel?