[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  "'m0n0wall List'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Setup for new firewall
 Date:  Sun, 29 Oct 2006 20:35:56 -0500
Lonnie has pointed you in the right direction for using public ip's on the
LAN but I don't believe you will be able to route both networks thru one
m0n0wall. Do your two network segments need to communicate with each other?
IE: 512 computers all in the same network? I think you will need two
m0n0walls coming off of your router, one for each segment. Someone please
prove me wrong if I am. I believe you will need another switch after your
router where you can plug two m0n0walls into, then dole out ip's via dhcp on
each or set LAN computers static. If the segments need to communicate, you
could setup static routes in both m0n0walls so they can see each other.
Network browsing could be a nightmare if this is the case but I think we
need a little more info on your network layout to give you a complete
answer.

Dave