[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  eehouse <eehouse at eehouse dot org>
 To:  John Stoffel <john at stoffel dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Unable to dual-boot on CF card using GRUB
 Date:  Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:33:04 +0000
On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 04:03:37PM -0500, John Stoffel wrote:

> eehouse> I'm trying to get M0n0wall running on a 1G Sandisk CF card in
> eehouse> a WRAP box.  I've been using LEAF (leaf.sf.net) on this box
> eehouse> for several years, but want to try M0n0wall.  But to keep
> eehouse> LEAF around, I need to set up to dualboot, ideally with GRUB.
>
> I'd instead just get a second card, they're not expensive, and just
> boot off that second card while you play with m0n0wall.  I too made
> the change from LEAF to m0n0wall, but I did it with a hardware switch
> to the WRAP board.  I've been very happy with my performance and
> setup.

The one thing wrong with the WRAP box (from my perspective) is that
you have to disassemble it to change cards.  It's much easier to
switch using grub -- if it'll work at all with m0n0wall.  I know Linux
systems pretty well and have no experience with FreeBSD: it'll be a
while before I'm ready to abandon LEAF altogether.

--Eric
* From the desktop of: Eric House, xwords at eehouse dot org                        *
*        Crosswords 4.1.4 for PalmOS now ARM-native: xwords.sourceforge.net  *