[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch Martin" <mmartin at monroenc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Setting WAN NIC to 10baseT Full-Duplex on Nokia IP330?
 Date:  Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:08:58 -0500
Hello,

I have just installed m0n0wall v1.23b1 onto a Nokia IP330 that also has
a ZNYX Networks 2-port Ethernet Card. I spoofed all 5 ports with their
original mac addresses and everything seems to be working great. My
problem is that my ISP requires the WAN interface to be locked at
10baseT, Full-duplex. I'm not sure if there is a way to do so on the
three onboard NIC's. Here is the the info on the hardware.

The onboard Ethernet controllers are Intel 82558B and the ZNYX Networks
card has Intel 21143 controllers. Running "ifconfig -m" shows that the
supported media for the 82558 nic's is "media manual".  The 21143 nic's
show all speeds and duplex settings as being supported media. Adding
"media" & "mediaopt" tags to the config file does allow me to set the
speed & duplex settings on the 21143 ports but not on the 82558 ports. I
realize that one of my options is to use one of the ZNYX ports as my WAN
port since I can set speeds on those 2 ports. But, I'd rather use the
three on-board 82558 ports for LAN, WAN & DMZ if at all possible. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mitch