[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Toro <jimtoro at LIWebTech dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Removing IP from WAN ?
 Date:  Tue, 31 Oct 2006 00:24:48 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
If I bridge a OPT to WAN then the OPT no longer has an IP, correct?.

Can the IP be removed from the WAN so it becomes a transparent bridge?.
I cant seem to remove and save the config without an IP (set to type of
STATIC) as we are dealing with ALL static public IP's, no private.

If I can remove the IP, how to do it and will the bridged OPT/WAN pass
data from the OPT(switch) side to the WAN(router) side and back and forth
as needed so I can tell my PC machines to use the actual routers IP as the
gateway and not the IP of the WAN of the m0n0.

Thanks.