[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lonnie Abelbeck <abelbeck at abelbeck dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  Jim Toro <jimtoro at LIWebTech dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Removing IP from WAN ?
 Date:  Tue, 31 Oct 2006 07:18:22 -0600
Jim,

Wouldn't either the m0n0wall WAN IP address or your Cisco router's IP
address work as the default gateway address?  both are on the same
public/23 network.  Maybe a rule is required to allow direct access
to the router?

If not, could someone explain why not? (m0n0wall set in filtered
bridge mode)

Of course, the simple answer to to just use the m0n0's WAN address as
the clients' gateway, but I suspest you have some legacy reason you
prefer not to.

Lonnie