[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  eehouse <eehouse at eehouse dot org>
 To:  Chris Alavoine <chris dot alavoine at imagination dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Unable to dual-boot on CF card using GRUB
 Date:  Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:09:40 +0000
> >> eehouse> I'm trying to get M0n0wall running on a 1G Sandisk CF card in
> >> eehouse> a WRAP box.  I've been using LEAF (leaf.sf.net) on this box
> >> eehouse> for several years, but want to try M0n0wall.  But to keep
> >> eehouse> LEAF around, I need to set up to dualboot, ideally with GRUB.

> > On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 04:03:37PM -0500, John Stoffel wrote:

> Surely it wouldn't have taken much for the manufacturers to include
> [easy-change CF slot] though eh? Ho hum.

We're discussing case design and card-swapping as a workaround for not
being able to boot m0n0wall using grub.  Is the workaround really
needed -- is it really not possible to install a m0n0wall image to be
booted that way?

Thanks,

--Eric
* From the desktop of: Eric House, xwords at eehouse dot org                        *
*        Crosswords 4.1.4 for PalmOS now ARM-native: xwords.sourceforge.net  *