[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark <markryan at cfl dot rr dot com>
 To:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  help with my new WRAP and m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 04 Nov 2006 08:34:40 -0500
Hi,
I just received a m0n0wall WRAP firewall and I am having some weird
problems.

The firewall boots fine and grabs a dhcp from my cable service no
problem.  I bring the clients up and I have no internet at all on the LAN.

I can ping the monowall box from the client and i can ping the client
from the monowall interface.  I can ping the public ip from the client
also.  The problems is getting out from the monowall.  There is
nothing.  I cannot ping yahoo.com from either the monowall
troubleshooting area or the client.

Any idea what is going on here?

The monowall has the correct ip and dns servers which it gets through
dhcp.  It just doesn't seem to be communicating with the outside after that.

When i plug my ipcop computer back in, everything works just fine.

Heeeelp please!

Mark