[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kyle McBride" <kyle dot mcbride at instatservices dot com>
 To:  "'Mark'" <markryan at cfl dot rr dot com>, "'monowall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] help with my new WRAP and m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 4 Nov 2006 07:45:52 -0800
Are your clients getting DHCP leases from the m0n0wall? If so, are they
getting DNS server and default gateway?  Could just be a name resolution
problem.  Can you ping a public IP address (other than your m0n0wall's) from
a client?

Maybe you need dns forwarder turned on on the m0n0wall.

(just read your post again...) if you can't ping yahoo.com from m0n0wall's
diagnostics area then even m0n0wall is not getting name resolution and
routing out to internet site given its dns servers and wan link.  That's a
problem.  Maybe compare information with ipcop and see what's different.

Kyle