[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] help with my new WRAP and m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 4 Nov 2006 11:04:59 -0500
On 11/4/06, Mark <markryan at cfl dot rr dot com> wrote:

> I am totally mistified as to whats wrong
>
> its like there is no connection past the wan gateway at my isp.

Ok, so you can ping the WAN gateway from both m0n0wall and your LAN?
What about DNS, can you ping yahoo.com and/or google.com from
m0n0wall's ping page, or your LAN?

Sounds like maybe DNS isn't working.   My second guess is your ISP
sees a new device, and you need to go through some activation process
to get it online (or else enter the WAN MAC address of your old
firewall on the WAN page on your m0n0wall, so your ISP sees it as the
same device).

-Chris