[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "'monowall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] help with my new WRAP and m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 4 Nov 2006 10:50:15 -0600
From: "Mark" <markryan at cfl dot rr dot com>
> Kyle McBride wrote:

>> Are your clients getting DHCP leases from the m0n0wall? If so, are they
>> getting DNS server and default gateway?  Could just be a name resolution
>> problem.  Can you ping a public IP address (other than your m0n0wall's)
>> from
>> a client?

> I am totally mistified as to whats wrong

> its like there is no connection past the wan gateway at my isp.

And we are trying to help.  Try this...  From the client, ping the m0n0wall
ip.  Ping the gateway IP.  Type 'NSlookup www.google.com' and what does it
return?  (All)  If it is using your m0n0wall for DNS tell nslookup to
connect to 4.2.2.2 and try again.  Ping 4.2.2.2

If nothing can get past the ISP, the ISP is blocking it.  Power down
everything.  Turn on the ISP device, then after it fully boots, turn on the
m0n0wall.  If still no joy, set the m0n0wall MAC address to match the
computer you used that worked.

                                Lee