[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Mark <markryan at cfl dot rr dot com>
 To:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  "'monowall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] help with my new WRAP and m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 04 Nov 2006 20:23:43 -0500
Lee Sharp wrote:
> From: "Mark" <markryan at cfl dot rr dot com>
>> Kyle McBride wrote:
>>> Are your clients getting DHCP leases from the m0n0wall? If so, are they
>>> getting DNS server and default gateway?  Could just be a name
>>> resolution
>>> problem.  Can you ping a public IP address (other than your
>>> m0n0wall's) from
>>> a client?
>> I am totally mistified as to whats wrong
>> its like there is no connection past the wan gateway at my isp.
> And we are trying to help.  Try this...  From the client, ping the
> m0n0wall ip.  Ping the gateway IP.  Type 'NSlookup www.google.com' and
> what does it return?  (All)  If it is using your m0n0wall for DNS tell
> nslookup to connect to and try again.  Ping
> If nothing can get past the ISP, the ISP is blocking it.  Power down
> everything.  Turn on the ISP device, then after it fully boots, turn
> on the m0n0wall.  If still no joy, set the m0n0wall MAC address to
> match the computer you used that worked.
>                                Lee
Ok its fixed.  It was an ISP problem.  Evidently, roadrunner had major
issues today with one of their servers.  Been on the phone with them 6
times today.  It finally is back up and working nicely.

Thanks for all the suggestions, just couldn't read them!  :)  stuck
watching footbal and my cable modem lights flashing all day.