[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  John Sommatino <john at wombo dot com>
 To:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] help with my new WRAP and m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 4 Nov 2006 20:40:01 -0800
I agree with David.

Cox modems do the same thing.

Turn the modem off. Make sure the only thing plugged into the modem
is the m0n0wall (single MAC address), then turn on the modem.

First thing to check is ping and outside IP, like 198.6.1.2 (UUnet)
from the m0n0wall diag page, using the WAN port. (This checks IP
connection)
If that works, ping an address like yahoo.com the same way. (This
checks DNS)

If both these work, most likely the problem is in the m0n0wall and
not your ISP.

On Nov 4, 2006, at 8:31 AM, David Kitchens wrote:

>  It sounds like the typical cable provider problem to me, turn your
> cable
> modem off for 5 minutes to flush its memory. I know that Comcast
> modems
> latch onto the MAC address of whatever you plug in and you can't
> just plug
> something else in without shutting the modem down so it releases
> the old
> MAC.
>
> Dave

John Sommatino                               voice 619.596.2141 x318
CEO                                fax 619.596.2144
Wombo, Inc.              toll free 877.wombo.inc

http://www.wombo.com                  MailTo:john at wombo dot com
                   A ship in port is safe, but that
                      is not what ships are for.
                   Sail out to sea and do new things.