[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Flugstad <chris at cascadelink dot com>
 To:  John Sommatino <john at wombo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Radius server for m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 04 Nov 2006 22:20:06 -0800
Radius doesnt do accounting and what not. Its a means of authentication.
Billing software is more of what you are looking for.  Also low or no
cost is going to mean non flashy and unfinished.  The open source
software solutions that are incorporated with RADIUS all need quite a
bit of work to become worthy of being used.  Security is going to be
your biggest concern.

I have created a Billing System that has a RADIUS module and uses free
Radius.  It however is not free or low cost.

Good luck and I hope this may help in your venture which seems to be
setting up PAY hotspots.

Chris