[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Chris Flugstad" <chris at cascadelink dot com>, "John Sommatino" <john at wombo dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Radius server for m0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 5 Nov 2006 13:34:25 +0100
> Radius doesnt do accounting and what not.
Since when doesn't radius do accounting?????

> Its a means of authentication.
For one...
> Billing software is more of what you are looking for.
It could be

> Also low or no
> cost is going to mean non flashy and unfinished.  The open source
> software solutions that are incorporated with RADIUS all need quite a
> bit of work to become worthy of being used.
If you mean the management: yes, but I think his main question is the
radius server software itself
> Security is going to be
> your biggest concern.
> I have created a Billing System that has a RADIUS module and uses free
> Radius.  It however is not free or low cost.
> Good luck and I hope this may help in your venture which seems to be
> setting up PAY hotspots.
> Chris
Freeradius is one of the most used radius servers on the net (top3, if
it isn't already  number 1) and can do what john asks for.

Jonathan De Graeve
Network System Engineer
Mail: jonathan dot de dot graeve at imelda dot be
Tel : +32(0)15/50.52.98
Web : www.imelda.be