[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Chris Flugstad" <chris at cascadelink dot com>, "John Sommatino" <john at wombo dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Radius server for m0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 5 Nov 2006 13:34:25 +0100
> Radius doesnt do accounting and what not.
Since when doesn't radius do accounting?????

> Its a means of authentication.
For one...
> Billing software is more of what you are looking for.
It could be

> Also low or no
> cost is going to mean non flashy and unfinished.  The open source
> software solutions that are incorporated with RADIUS all need quite a
> bit of work to become worthy of being used.
If you mean the management: yes, but I think his main question is the
radius server software itself
> Security is going to be
> your biggest concern.
>
> I have created a Billing System that has a RADIUS module and uses free
> Radius.  It however is not free or low cost.
>
> Good luck and I hope this may help in your venture which seems to be
> setting up PAY hotspots.
>
> Chris
Freeradius is one of the most used radius servers on the net (top3, if
it isn't already  number 1) and can do what john asks for.

J.

--
Jonathan De Graeve
Network System Engineer