[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tor Soerensen" <tor at cfh dot ku dot dk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  PPTP vpn disconnects immediately
 Date:  Mon, 06 Nov 2006 01:03:46 +0100
Hi, Im having trouble with PPTP VPN.

I have two pc's running windows pptp clients against the same m0n0wall
endpoint (recently upgraded to 1.22). Both client machines are
behind the same NAT, and both with the same settings in the windows pptp
client.

However 1 client PC always connects, the other always gets a 619 error.
I'm not trying to connect both at one time.

I have tried resetting fw states and even rebooting the firewall in
between the attempts.

I looked at the traffic between the client and server using ethereal.
Both machines have identical traffic except with the bad one i get a
 "stop-control-connection-request" from the monowall right after the
connection is established. Also I see that the client is sending about 5
LC configuration attempts, with no replies.

Also, I noticed that if I close down the pptp connection on the "good"
machine and reconnect the states from the first connection are not
expired.

Please help me track down the error.

Regards
Tor Sorensen