[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP vpn disconnects immediately
 Date:  Sun, 5 Nov 2006 19:15:14 -0500
On 11/5/06, Tor Soerensen <tor at cfh dot ku dot dk> wrote:
> Hi, Im having trouble with PPTP VPN.
>
> I have two pc's running windows pptp clients against the same m0n0wall
> endpoint (recently upgraded to 1.22). Both client machines are
> behind the same NAT, and both with the same settings in the windows pptp
> client.
>
> However 1 client PC always connects, the other always gets a 619 error.
> I'm not trying to connect both at one time.
>
> I have tried resetting fw states and even rebooting the firewall in
> between the attempts.

If you reset the state table, it should resolve that (if it's indeed
caused by the GRE limitations in m0n0wall).  619 is caused by broken
GRE, which is caused by either two trying to connect at the same time,
or one trying to connect after another disconnected but the states are
still in the state table, amongst other possibilities.

I'd also investigate any firewall software setup locally on the
machine.  Any firewall on the PC that doesn't work that blocks GRE
would cause this same issue.

-Chris