[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Flugstad <chris at cascadelink dot com>
 To:  Jonathan De Graeve <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 Cc:  John Sommatino <john at wombo dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Radius server for m0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 05 Nov 2006 16:27:26 -0800
When i say it doesnt do Accounting, I mean it in the sense, that he's
looking for a solution that does everything(billing, etc)

Yes Free Radius will work fine, as I am using it, but without the means
for a billing backend, he wont be able to do what he wants.  Maybe I am
wrong, but it sounds like he wants a turn key solution for a hotspot
solution.

If all he wants is the RADIUS function, freeradius rocks and is simple.

I have had a lot of people ask me how to log into RADIUS and see who's
connected.  This doesnt make sense to me as RADIUS isnt a management
console or something like that.  It merely is the process in which a
server asks a yes or no question( ex:  m0n0 asks radius if "1" is
allowed.  RADIUS checks "1" in DB and acknoledges to m0n0 if "yes" or "no"

You know what I am saying, I didnt have to explain that I guess.  My
apologies.  Just a frustration with peoples misconseption of RADIUS as a
billing system.