[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ADSL connection needs constantly "Reset state"
 Date:  Mon, 6 Nov 2006 17:49:22 -0500
On 11/6/06, bunea lucian <lucienut2003 at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> You are right. One pc is using more than one p2p programs at once and it's exhausting
> my state table . He is using WinXP SP2 (max 10 tcp connection/s) but still..
>   Is there something I can do to limit the maximum concurent tcp conection per IP
> address?

No, not at this time.  It's something you'll probably see in 1.3, and
pfsense, a m0n0wall-derivitive, supports this now.

30,000 states is a LOT to be chewing up with one machine, I don't care
how many P2P apps you're running.  I would look for settings in the
P2P apps to limit the number of concurrent connections.  Most
BitTorrent clients have this, for example.  One of those apps is
seriously misbehaving.

-Chris