[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  Krist van Besien <krist dot vanbesien at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Lockups...
 Date:  Tue, 07 Nov 2006 11:04:21 -0500
Update to my "All of my m0n0-on-wraps never lock up" post a few weeks back:

In the area we live in, we have recently had some pretty bad T-storms as
well as some power fluctuations.

In TWO locations in the same general area (within 3 miles of each other)
TWO of my m0n0-on-wraps hung solid.

These are the ONLY two m0n0-on-wraps I had in place that were plugged
directly into the AC outlet with no UPS.

- One was because some hardware had been moved and the ups was
temporarily pulled. It is now on a new UPS

- The other was a new m0n0-on-wrap not in use - being prepared to
replace a full blown PC firewall running linux with iptables. It will be
on a UPS when it is put into service.

So, I can now say I have seen a m0n0-on-wrap lock up - two even.  BUT I
believe they were both caused by unclean power, power fluctuations etc.

Just my additional $0.02 USD

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity