[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  "Jaime Oberle" <jaime at aeronoise dot org>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPSec
 Date:  Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:55:54 -0400

> > > Nope, it definitely won't work. It's a problem with the IKE daemon
that

> > > m0n0wall uses (racoon).
>

> > > - Manuel
>

> > Manuel,
>

> > Any chance that might change in the near future?  Have you gotten any
>

> > requests for that feature in the past?  Using VPN on a dynamic IP is
quite

> > common, at least on the client's end.
>

> > Chris
>

> > P.S. Very nice router/firewall.  I'm quite impressed with what it can
>

> > already do.
>

> hello
>

> on some providers which use dhcp you can still assign your ip by yourself.
>

> be sure to take all the settings which the dhcp offer tells you and assign
>

> them to you statically. with a bit luck, it works, but depends on the
> professionality of your provider:) may be worth it to try it.
>

> greetings, jaime

Jaime,

Thank you for the suggestion, but I already know that is not an option.
Once my DHCP lease runs out, they give the IP to another user, and it causes
IP conflicts on their network.  My router has to continually renew it's
lease.  When it does, it is given the same IP over and over again, but if I
allow my lease to run out, my IP is definitely given away.  :-(

Chris

---