[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'zealot'" <zealot at tradersguild dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] re: cd image to flash?
 Date:  Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:58:58 +0200
Oops,

this seems to make a lot more sense ;-)

Joachim

-----Original Message-----
From: zealot [mailto:zealot at tradersguild dot net]
Sent: donderdag 17 juli 2003 16:47
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

boner,

I have the same problem and Fred Wright (fw at well dot com) helped with the
following analysis:

> ad2: 61MB <Hitachi CVM1.1.1> [978/4/32] at ata1-master PIO1
Your CF is successfully mounted from /dev/ad2.

>   Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c
And the ramdisk is successfully mounted.

>   mount: /dev/ad0a: Device not configured
But this mount fails, because it's expecting to mount from /dev/ad0, not
/dev/ad2.

>   Warning: fopen(/conf/config.xml)
> [http://www.php.net/function.fopen]:
> failed to create stream: No such file or directory in
/etc/inc/xmlparse.inc
> on line 121
>
>   Error: could not open XML input
And this fails because /conf doesn't exist without the mount.

You either need to do something to your hardware config so that the CF
appears as /dev/ad0, or you need to modify the /etc/fstab in the mfsroot
image to expect it as /dev/ad2.

Steven N Honson (steven dot honson at education dot tas dot gov dot au) had this suggestion:

"You might want to make sure the CompactFlash is the master on the first IDE
controller, and not the second."

"It is usualy like this,"
ad0 - Master on first controller
ad1 - Slave on first controller
ad2 - Master on second controller
ad3 - Slave on second controller

In the BIOS of my mini-itx board, I've not been able to change the boot
order of my Compact Flash Card so that m0n0wall will identify it as IDE
controller ad0.

At this point, it looks like I will have to install a m0n0wall image on my
desktop computer, and edit the fstab entries so that ad2 will be my mount
point, then create a new CF image, then use phywrite.exe and install to the
mini-itx machine.

Good luck with your tweaking.

MISSION STATEMENT

DISCLAIMER