[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Internal to Lan
 Date:  Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:50:58 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Joe Doran wrote:

> 	Here is a neat question. I have a peace of software that grabs a
> flat file from a web server every so many hours and stores the data in
> memory. So I put it in m0n0wall for a test. The data is grabbed from an
> internal web server on the LAN side, but it cannot connect to the LAN
> web server, but if I go out on the WAN side to get the data, it works.

You'll have to be more specific.  How can you go "out on the WAN side" to
the same server, or are those different servers?  Is this one of those
cases where you're relying on NAT redirection to make the webserver appear
to have a different IP address to teh world?

> Now I tried ping both the LAN side, and then WAN side from m0n0walls
> internal ping program, and everything seams to work.

Pinging what?  The m0n0wall's own interfaces?  Some other server in each
case?

					Fred Wright