[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Frans J King" <fking at lin dash x dash pert dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  bad superblock - problems with CF
 Date:  Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:53:57 +0100
HI,

I've been trying to get m0n0wall running on an ITX board where the CF
reader is hard wired to the secondary master - hence /dev/ad2.

When I copy the image file with "gcat *.img | dd of=/dev/ad2 bs=16k" it
appears to copy fine but I get errors saying "ad2: raw partition size !=
slice size". Also I can't mount the any of the partitions on the CF (eg
/dev/ad2c) card because I get a bad super block error.

Fdisk (through /stand/sysinstall) then still shows /dev/ad2 as empty -
no slices or partitions.

Incidentally the CF card is 128 MB and used to be used in digital camera
with a FAT partition although I am pretty sure that I have gotten rid of
all of this.

Also after loading the image onto the card "fdisk /dev/ad2" shows the
m0n0wall partition in partition 4 wheras I would have expected it to
appear in partition 1.

Does anyone know how to correct this?

Many thanks,

Frans