[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Frans J King" <kingf1 at cs dot man dot ac dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  CF problems (still)
 Date:  Sun, 20 Jul 2003 00:22:47 +0100
Okay, I'm still having trouble getting an image that boots AND can be
mounted under another BSD system so that I can change /etc/fstab to
reflect the fact that my CF reader is hard wired to the IDE secondary
master channel.

If I use the most recent image and load it in BSD with "gzcat xxxx.img |
dd of=/dev/ad2 bs=16k" I can mount /dev/ad0a and /dev/ad0c. Great except
that it won't boot. When the boot loader loads it says:

No /boot/loader

>> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT

Default: 1:ad(1,a)/kernel

It also complains about not being able to find /kernel either.

BUT.

If I use physdiskwrite to write the exact same image to the CF (using a
USB camera as the reader/writer) I get a CF that boots fine but I can't
mount any file systems off it because I get an "incorrect super block
error".

Does anyone know anything about this problem. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Many thanks,

Frans