[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'Thomas Biedorf'" <tom at startmovie dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How to route "real" IPs from WAN to DMZ?
 Date:  Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:48:41 +0200
Hi Thomas,

How did you define your subnet at the wan side? You should divide your /26
subnet so your m0n0wall knows where to look for which IP...

For EXAMPLE, use a 1.1.1.0/27 subnet on your WAN side
- 1.1.1.1/27 for your ISP's router
- 1.1.1.2/27 for your m0n0-WAN
- (1.1.1.0 = network addr, 1.1.1.31 = broadcast)

and use a 1.1.1.32/27 subnet for your DMZ
- 1.1.1.33/27 for your m0n0-DMZ
- 1.1.1.34/27 - 1.1.1.62/27 for your servers
- (1.1.1.32 = network addr, 1.1.1.63 = broadcast)

you'll have to redefine your routes in the ISP's router for it to work,
because it needs to push traffic for the DMZ-servers to the m0n0wall, on the
other subnet...

The other alternative is 1:1 nat. You use private IP's for your servers
(another subnet then your LAN side!) and nat the 'real' addresses to these
private addresses...

Hope it helps,

Joachim

website at www.oce.be