[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Frans J King" <kingf1 at cs dot man dot ac dot uk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] net4801 support
 Date:  Sat, 26 Jul 2003 16:44:54 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Frans,

> Is the net4801 supported by m0n0wall? According the soekris homepage
> there are some bugs with freebsd 4x related to the CPU.

Given the known bug(s) concerning FreeBSD in conjunction with a net4801, I
don't think that the generic-pc image would boot. Soren told me a while
ago that he might send me a net4801 when they are ready so I can make a
specific m0n0wall image for it. At the moment, I'm working on a port of
FreeBSD to another SC1100 based board; interestingly, m0n0wall boots OK on
that board without any kernel patches - except for the fact that FreeBSD
seems to be unable to print any console messages via the serial port. I'm
still investigating...

Greets,

Manuel