[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Mee" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  any interest in captive portal support?
 Date:  Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:45:58 -0700
Does anyone have any interest in captive portal support?

I.e., the ability for users to get redirected to a web page of your choosing
before they're given access to the web as a whole.

This is useful for shared wlan scenarios where you may have unknown users
and you want to either a) tell them who to thank for their access and/or b)
notify them of the usage agreement.

If there's interest, I'm considering hacking something like
http://www.geekspeed.net/wicap/ from perl into php (pf to ipfilter, apache
to thttpd, OpenBSD to FreeBSD).

In the spirit of m0n0wall, I'd try and keep it simple - e.g. the portal page
would be generated from text strings stored in the config.xml file.

Interested?

cheers, michael