[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] connection problem
 Date:  Sat, 12 Jul 2003 02:48:58 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Michael Larrson wrote:

> I am really sorry about my email before.

Oh?  Why?

> Now I am using m0n0wall-pb10r382 in a PC, thus I will
> simulates a small network:
>
> [Server-A] <---> [m0n0] <---> [Client-A]
>
> Accessing to webGUI was no problem, but I don't know
> why the bandwidth between Server-A and Client-A is
> very slow.
>
> I've got only about 10KBytes/s when I was trying to
> download a file from Server-A to Client-A.
>
> But if I configure my small network with Linux, same
> as above:
>
> [Server-A] <---> [Linux] <---> [Client-A]
> and put a NAT command (same as m0n0wall) in Linux:
> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s $clientA -d $serverA
> -j MASQUERADE"
>
> But why?
> I've got only about 400KBytes/s.
>
> Can somebody help me to solve my problem?

I'd first try a few ping tests between the client and server to see if
there's anything obviously wrong, but most likely that wouldn't show
trouble.  In that case you'd want to look at some tcpdump traces of the
traffic from both sides to see what's going on.  Since m0n0wall doesn't
have tcpdump, you'd have to do this from the client and server machines.
Make sure their clocks are well-synchronized to help in comparing the
traces.

					Fred Wright