[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Hugues Belanger <hbelanger at 701 dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Lucent waveLan No Carrier
 Date:  Thu, 7 Aug 2003 19:56:11 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Hugues Belanger wrote:

> I'm curious to know why my Lucent waveLan card doesn't work in hostAP mode.
> I've flashed it to the latest firmware and I get  NO carrier in the
> interfaces status screen ????
>
> It works ok in IBSS mode.

From http://m0n0.ch/wall/#notes :

wireless cards: only wireless cards that work with the wi or an driver are
supported. For hostap, you need a card based on the PRISM-II or -2.5
chipset. Cards that have been tested include D-Link DWL-520 (PCI), Senao
NL-2511CD Plus EXT2, Cisco Aironet AIR-PCM352 and Z-Com XI-815 (CF card in
PCMCIA adapter)

-> Lucent cards do not use the PRISM chipset, therefore they do not
support hostap mode (just the fact that they use FreeBSD's wi driver
doesn't mean anything - e.g. Symbol cards can't do hostap, either).

- Manuel