[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Healy" <jhealy at drizzle dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall for community wireless network
 Date:  Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:54:13 -0700
Hi,
Sorry in advance for cluelessness...

I have a few soekris 4521s with 3 wireless cards in each. I would like set
each one up so that 2 of the wireless cards use directional antennas to
connect to the other nodes, and 1 of the wireless cards uses an
omni-directional antenna for clients to access. Ideally, any person on any
node could connect to any other person on any other node, and there would be
no NAT (everyone would be using the same addressing... 10.40.x.x)

Can m0n0wall do this? What will I be using most to make this happen...
static routes, vpn, or bridging?
I would love to use m0n0wall, because it beats everything else down as far
as easy configuration goes. Now I just need to configure my own brain to get
all this networking stuff.

Thanks for any info!
John