[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Mee" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  anyone added snmp? Where to start?
 Date:  Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:18:27 -0700
Has anyone added snmp support to their m0n0wall?

Any freeBSD experts out there who can suggest where to start and if it might
be a complicated exercise?  Any idea if it would take up much memory?

Motivation: I recently had MikroTik installed on my Soekris and got MRTG
running on a webserver to its SNMP support and it produced such great data
graphs (e.g. http://www.sdwug.org/mee/64.7.1.228_1.html) that I'd really
like to get SNMP on m0n0wall too -- rather than spending US$240 on
MikroTik's solution :-).  I bet if we could add it m0n0wall style - simple
GUI control - then others would do the same thing (getting MRTG going on my
cheapo hosting service turned out to be pretty simple).

cheers, michael