[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Honson, Steven N" <steven dot honson at education dot tas dot gov dot au>
 To:  "Iedema, Michael" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>, "Michael Mee " <mm2001 at pobox dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] anyone added snmp? Where to start?
 Date:  Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:18:11 +1000
I also looked into doing the same thing a while back, it seems the only
reasonable SNMPD available for FreeBSD is net-snmpd, which is a very
large package, I didn't put much time into it though, so it might be
possible to cut its size down a lot.

It's a shame there isn't a small lightweight SNMPD out there that just
pushes interface statistics out (net-snmpd does a lot more than your
average person really wants).

If I had any C programming skills I would give it a go myself, but
unfortunately C programming is something I've never really looked into
much.

Cheers,
Steven