[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Gianfranco Risaliti" <gianfranco dot risaliti at yogitech dot com>
 To:  "'Honson, Steven N'" <steven dot honson at education dot tas dot gov dot au>, "'Iedema, Michael'" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>, "'Michael Mee '" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] anyone added snmp? Where to start?
 Date:  Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:13:07 +0200
Hi all,

I have mangled with snmp and m0n0wall,
I did following steps but now I'm thinking in which way use snmp into
m0n0wall... build a page with a graph about traffic ? or use eternal
snmp browser... I still thinking ... Also I thought we can attach LCD to
net45xx and display snmp info ...

But here the stesp

I compiled ucd-snmpd (ucd-snmp-4.2.6), it's an old version of snmpd but
enough to do snmp monitoring. I compiled it into my development machine
FreeBSD 4.8; to do it we need also openssl(openssl-0.9.7) because snmpv3
need it to do auth and encryption.

After that just put necessary files into m0n0 distribution.

I think if we work altogether we can do this!

Cheers
Gian