[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Michael A. Alderete" <lists dash 2003 at alderete dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  [m0n0wall] RE: [m0n0wall] Feature request which would makem0n0wall even better ;)
 Date:  Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:28:33 -0800
>>I just expressed my wish there was a project as beautifull as m0n0wall,
>>with the goal of being an all-in-one appliance.
>So, if a large enough group of folks want that and aren't just gassing,
>let's build it!  Put m0n0BSD on another Soekris, plug it into the DMZ port
>on a m0n0wall and go to town.  I could see ntp, IDS, DNS, Samba file
>service, etc.

I think this is called a Cobalt Qube. The software for which is now Open

Ars Technica: Sun open sources Cobalt Qube/Raq software

   "The Qube's back-end and UI software has officially
    gone Open Source under a BSD-style license. The custom
    BIOS code is available here, and the other stuff, now
    called Blue Quartz, is available here."

Nice article, Ars does a good job, as usual, with good pointers to other

Have at it.

Michael A. Alderete           <mailto:lists dash 2003 at alderete dot com>