[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Magic Packet through a VPN via Monowall to power up a pc behind it (wake on lan)?
 Date:  Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:57:21 +0100
Hi everybody,

maybe this is not a question dedicated to m0n0wall directly but I wan´t to do the following and
don´t know if this is possible. I think if I get no answer I´ll try to figure it out by myself, but
if anybody knows it allready, maybe I can spare my time for something else ;-)

Is it possible to send a magic packet through a vpn tunnel to a dyndns adress to power up (wake on
lan) a pc behind a m0n0wall?

I want to be able to access my PC at home from somewhere else, but I don´t want to let it running
all the time just for the case I need it as this is not that often.

Holger Bauer

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit