[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Philipp Walther <phil at redmoon dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Additional Software install
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:41:58 +0100
Hello List,

I've just ordered a mini-itx system (via-cpu 1ghz, 80gb hd) and
am looking for a firewall/router etc.

m0n0wall seems to have all the features I want (traffic shaping
as one of the most important).

BUT, Can I add additional software to m0n0wall?

I am planning to do a harddisk install and would like to connect with
ssh to my firewall. It would be cool if I could do nmap/ping and
stuff on that firewall (even a gcc is sometimes handy).

I know it may look rather strange to you, to have sshd running
on a firewall - but for my use it's okay.

Regards and thanks in advance
phil