[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <EXT dash Mike dot Bradshaw at nokia dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Additional Software install
 Date:  Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:11:40 +0200
the past couple of weeks on this list there has been (to my recollection anyway) a lot of similar
threads/discussions (on this type of topic).

So it occurred to me that the answer Manuel gave here :

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=29&actionargs[]=33

would be useful if added to the FAQ. Any thoughts?

From this, the idea that, the FAQ should linked directly from the home page? (probably in the
support menu/section) occurred to me.

on a related point,
i have a memory of reading a post, where someone had setup a web site for discussion/prototyping
this type of idea (extension of the m0n0 *concept* to be something else (NAS, SOHO server type
thing))
does anyone else remember this or am i horribly confused?
(of course i can't find the post, and did not add the URI to my favourites.)

N.B. i am *NOT* talking about adding Software/Services to m0n0wall, before the whole "Firewall, and
just a firewall" discussion starts up again.
I totally agree with Manuel's post, and am just thankful that something so useful and easy to use is
available to me.